POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media_attenuation - 1 : Margus - 0 : Re: media_attenuation - 1 : Margus - 0 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media_attenuation - 1 : Margus - 0
From: Lars W
Date: 12 Apr 1999 08:58:48
Message: <3711dff8.0@news.povray.org>
The Point for the media_interaction parameter is that
you can exclude some of your light sources from the media computing
process, let's say you have a scene with one primary light ( The Sun )
and you have an media object ( some clouds ) and then you have many other
lights, with fade_power and distance assigned, which never reach the clouds,
then you can turn the media_interaction for those lightsources off to get
faster rendering times.

i think thats the only reason this feature exists.

by the way does anybody know how to turn off recieving shadows
with scattering media ?

greetings Lars

Margus Ramst schrieb in Nachricht <3710d9fd.0@news.povray.org>...